We reinvent the energy balls to integrate more protein thanks to the TVP – the textured vegetable protein (also called TSP-textured soy protein). Made from soy, it is pressure-cooked soy flour from which a little more than half of the fat is removed. This leaves protein, fiber and nutrients, making this food an ideal meat substitute. Here is a brand of PVT available in the market (but there are several more, including many bulk options).
TVP energy balls
- Servings : 16 balls (1 portion = 1 ball)
- Preparation : 20 minutes
- Cooking : Aucun
- 60ml (1/4 cup) tahini (sesame butter) or peanut butter
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 60ml (1/4 cup) melted dark chocolate
- 250ml (1 cup) dates
- 250ml (1 cup) puffed rice cereal or textured vegetable protein (TVP) OR half and half
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) sesame seeds
- Purée the tahini, maple syrup, melted chocolate and dates in a food processor. If the mash does not form, add 1 tsp of water at a time to form the puree.
- When the texture is smooth, gradually add the cereals and / or soy proteins, pulsing with the food processor so that they are incorporated without being mashed.
- Shape into small balls of about a tablespoon then roll them in the sesame seeds.
Nutritional values per serving
- Kilocalories : 120kcal
- Carbohydrates : 16g
- Fibers : 2g
- Lipids : 5g
- Protein : 5g