With the beautiful temperatures approaching, it’s time to take out the BBQ and try this skewer recipe ☀️
Serve the skewers with one of the two salads at the bottom of the page for a complete meal.
Tofu shish taouk skewers
- Servings : 4
- Preparation : 10 minutes + 24h marinade
- Cooking : 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (or vegan yogurt)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp potted garlic cloves tea
- 4 tbsp lemon juice soup
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp all spice allspice powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 8 skewers
- 1/2 small red onion, in squares about 1 inch wide
- 1 green pepper, in squares about 1 foot wide
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the tofu cubes and marinate for 24 hours (minimum 4hours).
- Soak the skewers for 30 min in water.
- Thread the food onto the skewer, alternating the marinated tofu cubes, pepper and onion.
- Grill on the BBQ for about 3 minutes per side or until the tofu is grilled.