With the summer in full swing and the number of runners and bikes on the roads and trails, we are seeing more and more athletes finishing their training … at the creamery! But why not make your own summer-style recovery recipe by limiting the amount of fat ingested?
Here is another recipe from the book: Sport and Nutrition during and after pregnancy to replenish your energy after training! Source of protein and low in fat, fresh cheeses * such as ricotta and cottage cheese can be eaten before or after a meal without hampering digestion. To optimize recovery, just double the suggested amount.
* If you are pregnant, make sure the cheeses are pasteurized.
Parfait with fresh cheese and melon
- Servings : 1
- Preparation : 5 minutes
- 250 ml (1 cup) melon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cream cheese, such as ricotta or cottage cheese
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Low-fat muesli or granola cereal
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Maple syrup or honey
- Mix all the ingredients and enjoy!
Nutritional values per serving
- Kilocalories : 250kcal
- Carbohydrates : 42g
- Fibers : 2g
- Lipids : 6g
- Protein : 9g