- Servings : 6 to 8
- Preparation : 25 minutes
- Cooking : 20 minutes
- 1 acorn or butternut squash
- 4 apples, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) butter or vegetable oil
- 1.5 liters (6 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh cilantro (optional)
- Peel the squash. Remove the seeds from the squash then cut everything into large cubes. (It takes longer, but the soup tastes better this way).
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, add the squash, apples, onion and potato. Cook until the first drops of liquid appear.
- Pour in the broth, then simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- When all the vegetables are cooked, put them in a blender, and purée until smooth. Add the milk and mix once again.
- When ready to serve, garnish each bowl with the tomato and cilantro.