Ah, Nutella … it’s nothing new that this food is considered addicting. It is made mostly of sugar and palm oil, which are not on the list of the healthiest food choices. But we’ve all eaten it with a spoon at least once in our life!
Following a meeting with one of her triathlete clients (who loves chocolate!), Mélanie Olivier wondered how to improve the recipe. After a few tries, here is the result!
- Servings : 1 jar of 375ml (12 portions)
- Preparation : 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) hazelnut butter (or almond and hazelnut butter)
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (80 g) dried dates, pitted
- 4 tbsp (25g) instant skim milk powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot water (or more if needed)
- Rehydrate the dates in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add the remaining 1tbsp of hot water water and mix until smooth.
Nutritional values per serving
- Kilocalories : 125 kcal
- Carbohydrates : 23g
- Lipids : 3g
- Protein : 1,5g