Are you stuck on the idea of incorporating vegetarian dishes into your weekly menu?
Do you train after a meal and want to limit your sources of fat and protein before your workout by opting instead for a meal rich in carbohydrates and thus optimize your training?
Are you pregnant and worried about not getting enough iron?
Try this recipe from the book: Sport and Nutrition During and After Pregnancy and you won’t be disappointed!
Easy to make ahead, this vegetarian recipe is also a good source of zinc, as well as an excellent source of magnesium and iron.
- Servings : 4
- 500 ml (2 cups) of water
- 250 ml (1 cup) quinoa
- 1.25 ml (1⁄4 tsp) ginger
- 1.25 ml (1⁄4 tsp) cumin
- 1.25ml (1⁄4 tsp) curry
- 1.25 ml (1⁄4 tsp) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried cranberries
- 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) walnuts
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add and mix the quinoa and spices.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa puffs.
- Add the raisins, cranberries and walnuts before serving.
Nutritional values per serving
- Kilocalories : 351 kcal
- Carbohydrates : 60g
- Fibers : 5g
- Lipids : 11g
- Protein : 8g