This recipe is different from the homemade pancakes we know: thicker, more filling, with a touch of delicious surprise in the mouth when you bite into cranberries. A must try for your Sunday brunch.
Bonus: you can prepare them ahead of time and eat them on weekdays with Greek yogurt for a full breakfast!
Oat and cranberry pancakes
- Servings : 5 pancakes
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cooking : 20 minutes
- 175ml (3/4 cup) quick oats
- 125ml (1/2 cup) flour
- 15ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 80ml (1/3 cup) dried cranberries or raisins
- 175ml (3/4 cup) milk or buttermilk
- 1 whole egg, extra large (or 2 egg whites)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Wait 10 minutes for the dough to rise, then mix again.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the mixture into a greased pan.
- Cook over medium heat. Turn over after 3 minutes.
Nutritional values per serving
- Kilocalories : 240kcal
- Carbohydrates : 44g
- Fibers : 5g
- Lipids : 4g
- Protein : 8g