The surprising mix of beets, maple and fennel turns this recipe into a really incredible weekday meal!
Pro tip: we suggest you marinate everything in a large Ziploc-type plastic bag so that the salmon marinate evenly.
Maple and beet marinated salmon
- Servings : 4
- Preparation : 15 minutes + 2 - 24 hours
- Cooking : 30 minutes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbspo) white balsamic vinegar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh dill, chopped or 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground dill
- 2 fennels, cut into wedges or thinly sliced
- 1 leek, cut lengthwise and washed well
- 4 cooked beets, peeled and cut into quarters
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 800 g (1 ¾ lb) salmon fillet, skinless
- Mix all the ingredients together (including the leek, beets and fennel) and marinate the fish for at least 2 hours. Ideal, 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon on the baking sheet first, then sprinkle with the vegetables.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork
- Serve with wild rice.