A colorful salad ideal for serving as a starter or as a side dish. Want to make it for a meal? No problem: we suggest you add a protein such as chicken, marinated tempeh, edamame beans or sliced pork tenderloin.
Beet and asparagus salad
- Servings : 6
- Preparation : 20 minutes
- Cooking : 60 minutes
For the salad
- 8 to 10 whole beets, with the peel
- 125ml (1/2 cup) walnuts or crushed pecans
- 80ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 3-4 handfuls coarsely chopped spinach or arugula
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cooked and cut into small pieces
- Goat cheese or feta cheese, to taste
For the vinaigrette
- 45ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot of water, cook the beets until a fork fits easily into the flesh (about 60 minutes).
- Once cooked, immerse in cold water, the peel will come off almost on its own!
- Peel and cut into cubes or slices.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the maple syrup and nuts. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the sugar crystallizes on the nuts.
- Add all the rest of the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the beet salad and serve immediately.
Nutritional values per serving
- Kilocalories : 295
- Carbohydrates : 25g
- Fibers : 6g
- Lipids : 19g
- Protein : 8g